Code of Conduct
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The District is committed to safeguarding the rights given to all students under state and federal law. However, with all rights come responsibilities.
Elementary Student Rights and Responsibilities:
This Code of Conduct is an explanation of the behavior that is expected of students in our elementary school. It applies to student behaviors in and out of the school buildings including, but not limited to classrooms, auditorium, cafeterias, field trips and buses. We believe that responsible behavior results in privileges. This Code of Conduct is meant to stop problems before they start; if students misbehave they must accept the consequences, penalties or loss of privileges. We will maintain contact with parents and guardians to make sure the policies and consequences of the Code are understood and successfully carried out.
The following Rights and Responsibilities relate to all elementary level students in the district:
1. Be respected by teachers, Show respect for adults & students.
students, and other staff.
2. Have access to school materials Show proper use of these items.
and equipment (books, computers,
playground facilities, etc.)
3. Be safe in the school Behave in a way that does not
environment. affect the physical and emotional safety of themselves and others.
4. Be listened to by teachers, Listen to adults and each other
students, and other staff. respectfully.
5. Be treated kindly. Use “I Care Rules.”
6. Attend school with attention to Be clean and dress in a manner
personal cleanliness and that is not distracting.
7. Not be bullied or teased Respect one another and treat
either with hands or words. others the way you would like to be treated.
8. To be protected from negative To respect one another. To behave in a way that
situations based on differences supports an environment that is free from intimidation,
that occur at school events. discrimination, and harassment. To report and
encourage others to report when they see negative