Community Relations OfficeHamburg Administration Building5305 Abbott Rd.Hamburg, NY 14075(716) 646-3200, ext. 7212Michele Darstein, CoordinatorLindsay Lessard, Secretary (P/T)The Community Relations Office publicizes and promotes student and staff achievements, and shares school news of importance to the community through publications, the media and other means. This includes:
The office offers:
- The Focus, the school district newsletter, is mailed to every household in the district, regardless of whether that household has children in the schools. It is published six months of the year, including a budget edition, graduation edition and editions containing Continuing Education course listings. To be added to the mailing list for the Focus and other district notices of community importance, please call the office.
- A yearly school calendar with general district information, events, meetings and school holidays is mailed in August to every household with children in the schools.
- Press releases are generated to notify the print and broadcast media of timely news in the schools
- District-level content on the website
- Board Briefings, a publication for staff and community posted on the district website the day following a school board meeting. The briefings highlight select actions made by the board.
- Bulldog Bulletin, the district staff newsletter
The office is also responsible for:
- Senior Citizen "Gold Cards" -- available to district residents age 60 and older. The cards entitle seniors to free admission to school events, including concerts, musicals and sports. Once a card is issued, it is valid indefinitely.
- Archived newspaper clippings
- Staff phone directory