Anyone can refer to the SST: student, parent, teacher, school counselor, nurse, and/or an administrator. Once a referral is received, the SST Coordinator will meet with the student and talk to the parent about the concern(s). At this point, parents are invited in for a SST meeting.
Membership on the SST varies depending on the presenting problems. The SST meeting will always consist of the following people: student, parent(s), social worker, counselor, psychologist, one teacher selected from the student’s schedule, and a teacher from The Learning Center (TLC). If the presenting problems are either medical or disciplinary in nature, the school nurse and/or Assistant Principal will be invited to the SST.
The team selects 1-2 concern(s) that most interfere with the student’s functioning in the classroom. Goals are selected from the targeted concerns. An intervention plan is then developed to assist the student in meeting his/her goal(s). The team selects a time to reassess the student’s progress (usually 4-6 weeks). The intervention plan is forwarded to all of the student’s teachers.
The SST will regularly consult with teachers to check on the status of the student’s progress. The social worker will provide weekly to biweekly counseling to the student for additional support.
1. A referral may be completed via downloading a Word template SST Refereal Form and e-mailing it to Mrs. LaMendola. (firstname.lastname@example.org)Directions:
- CLICK HERE to download this file.
- Click the "Save" button, when the given the option to "open" or "save".
- Save the file to your own directory.
- When using the file, turning on the "lock" button in the "forms" option will allow you to fill in the grey sections. NOTE: To provide the FORMS toolbar, move the mouse cursor to any open space in the toolbars menu (as shown by the yellow portion in the image below) and click the RIGHT mouse button. Many toolbars option should be showing now. Move the mouse cursor to the FORMS option and click the LEFT mouse button.
- When you've completed the form, save it, then attach it to an e-mail to Mrs. LaMendola