HAMBURG CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
DEPARTMENT OF H.P.E.R.
INTERSCHOLASTIC ELIGIBILITY RULES
1. The athlete must be a bona fide student enrolled in the Hamburg school district, enrolled in four classes and Physical Education.
2. The athlete must be prepared and participate in Physical Education to be eligible for interscholastic athletics on that school day.
3. The athlete is expected to work to their potential in athletics and the classroom.
Any student athlete who is failing two or more academic subjects (at least one a core subject) will be given two weeks to show significant improvement in these subject areas. During that time period the student will be ineligible for interscholastic athletics. If after the two week time period it is determined by the Director, Coach and Guidance Department that improvement has taken place, the student/athlete will be re-instated to the team.
4. The athlete is expected to be a good citizen in school and in the community.
5. The athlete is expected to be in regular attendance in all classes.
6. The athlete is expected to be courteous and respectful and be a positive role model to all students.
7. The athlete is expected to display good sportsmanship both on and off the field.
8. The athlete is expected to attend all schedule practices and games.
9. The athlete is expected to be responsible for issued equipment and team equipment.
10. The athlete is expected not to use or be in possession of tobacco, alcoholic beverages and/or use illegal drugs.
INTERSCHOLASTIC ELIGIBILITY VIOLATIONS
Rules 1-9: Report Violation to the Director of H.P.E.R.
1st Violation: Violation reviewed by the Director and Coach to determine appropriate action.
2nd Violation: Violation reviewed by the Director, Building Administrator and Coach to determine appropriate action.
Rule 10: Report Violation to the Director of Athletics
1st Violation: The athlete will adhere to the school suspension with no participation in extracurricular activities. At the culmination of the school suspension the athlete will be able to return to the team and participate in all team activities except for game competition for five days. After the five practice or game days the athlete will be completely re-instated to the team.
2nd and Subsequent Violations: The athlete is dismissed from the team, may be referred to counseling and possible referral to the Superintendent of Schools.
*All Violations will be recorded and will transfer to subsequent interscholastic seasons.